Sunday, September 7, 2014

Teal Vomit Quilt

Teal vomit quilt top #pineappleblossoms #hipsterquilter
Finished Top

Teal vomit quilt close up #hipsterquilter #pineappleblossoms
Close-up
I'm making my friend a quilt for her wedding this winter.  She said her favorite color is teal... I really hope she meant it!

I used this great tutorial from Quiltville, with the larger 12" blocks.  I wanted to make an ombre effect from the center, so I took the leftover triangles from the pineapple corners and mirrored the ombre on the border.  I wasn't sure about SO MUCH TEAL (hence the name), but as usual it came together much better than expected.  I am now in the process of quilting straight lines vertically and horizontally to match the piecing pattern.  Still haven't quite figured out the border... not sure I'm willing to add another teal fabric.  Maybe navy blue?  I do have a lot of the Alison Glass teal Corsage left, and after spending so much time with this color scheme I don't think I'll be heartbroken to see it go.  We'll see what speaks to me after the quilting is done!

3 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! And there's plenty of little zips of other colors in there to keep it interesting. As long as you like teal. ;). The ombré effect looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Jeni featured you in her favs, I recognized Bonnie's pattern right off. I think it beautiful and your friend will be delighted. Can't wait to see how you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I loved her tutorial. I'm quilting in a grid with white aurifil thread so it doesn't distract from the pattern, almost finished!

    ReplyDelete