Sunday, November 2, 2014

Teal Vomit ~A Finished Quilt~

Finally a finished quilt in 2014!  Only took me 10 months (I actually finished it in October.  That counts!).  


Teal Vomit closeup


Teal Vomit ~finished~




Teal Vomit ~finished~

Teal vomit ~finished~

This was pre-wash, so you can still see some of the pencil marks :)

Here is the picture that inspired the name... I basically went through my stash and pulled out anything that resembled "teal" (you can see the story here: http://hipsterquilter.blogspot.com/2014/09/teal-vomit-quilt.html).  And this isn't even a fraction of what I used.  Would't you know, I have a LOT of teal!!
  
Pile of teal

By the time I started to arrange the blocks, I was SO sick of teal. The binding is really the coup de grace, since I thought for a few minutes and quickly decided that there was no other option than a beautiful Alison Glass teal; in other words I really just gave in to the inevitable.  I did go easy on the backing, which is an adorable print called "Suzy's Dollhouse" from Robert Kaufman.  As always, now that it's done, I love it, but I'm not sure there's another monochromatic quilt in my NEAR future.

Here is me arranging the blocks with other 12" ones I had on hand, so I could visualize how it was coming together:

Sorting the blocks

My friend gets it next week at her wedding shower, and I can't wait to see the look on her face... I will know in a second how much she really loves teal! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment